mary berry caramel shortcake recipe
Basic ingredients for mary berry caramel shortcake recipe
- Base:125g – 1/2cup Butter/Margarine
- 50g – 1/4cup Sugar
- 175g – 1+1/3cup Self-raising flour
- Caramel:200g – 150ml Condensed milk
- 125g – 1/2 cup Butter
- 125g – 5/8cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- Topping:180g – 6.5oz dark/milk chocolate
How to make mary berry caramel shortcake recipe
- First of all, Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and Mix the butter, sugar, and flour until you have a base.
- Press down on the bottom of an 8-inch square tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix in condensed milk with butter and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Mix the condensed milk, butter, and sugar continuously. Otherwise, it will stick to your pan. Wait for the mixture to turn a light brown color, which takes about five minutes. After the heat has been turned off, continue to stir.
- Spread the mixture over the base. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- The chocolate should be melted. Pour it over the caramel. Now set in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before cutting into pieces. Note: Self-rising flour will cause some rise.
- A small, even rise is what you want. Plain flour is more likely to become lumpy so make sure you poke the base!