buttercream icing recipe uk
Welcome back to my messy kitchen! I make DIY videos of the food I love, then I share my results. Although I’m not a professional chef, pastry chef, or chef, I can eat professionally.
Basic Ingredients for buttercream icing recipe uk
- 2 bars soft, not melted, chilled butter (I used Baker’s best),
- 1/2 cup Condensed milk (Chilled overnight)
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose cream (Chilled overnight)
- 2 cups Vegetable shortening (Generic from All About baking)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Vanilla extract
How to make buttercream icing recipe uk
- Cut butter into small pieces. Mix the butter in a bowl. Continue to beat until it becomes pale yellow and creamy.
- When the butter has become pale and creamy, add vegetable shortening in two portions. Mix/Beat for 6 – 8 minutes.
- Mix the chilled condensed milk for 6-8 minutes.
- Add your all-purpose cream around the third minute. The buttercream should be thicker and heavier than it was when you started.
- Slowly and gradually add your powdered sugar after 5 minutes. Mix it all and beat for 8-10 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract if desired.
- Your buttercream should be ready after 8-10 minutes. The buttercream should not be difficult to spread around the bowl with a spatula.
- You can color your buttercream by adding small amounts to a smaller bowl. You can add your color one drop at a time. Add coloring as desired. To frost/ice your cakes with this, you may use a piping bag or tip.
- You can keep any leftovers in a container or ziplock and store them in your fridge/freezer. It is best to thaw it before you use it again.