butter chicken curry
Basic ingredients for butter chicken curry
- Chicken and marinade: 700g (25oz) chicken tender
- 4 large chicken breasts diced
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Natural yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp chicken stock water
- (1/2 cup) Chicken stock water plus a stock cube of fine
- 400ml (14oz.) Passata 2 tbsp tomato purée 2 tsp
How to make butter chicken curry
- First of all, Mix the marinade ingredients with the chicken and place them in a bowl. Cover the bowl. Now Allow marinating for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Blend the chopped onion, 4 garlic cloves, and the water in a food processor until smooth. (If you are using fresh ginger, rather than pre-minced, you can also add the ginger to the food processor).
- Next, In a large saucepan, heat the butter and oil on medium heat.
- Now Cook the ginger, garlic, and minced onion in a pan for about 5-6 minutes. After this, Stir occasionally until the onions begin to brown around the edges.
- Place the chicken in a pan. Now Cook for 3-4 minutes or until it is sealed.
- Stir in the garam masala (gram powder), curry powder, paprika, and cinnamon.
- Next, Stir for about one to two minutes until the spices release their aromas.
- After this, Add the stock, tomato puree, and passata to the mixture.
- Next, Bring to a boil, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, then remove the cardamom.
- Now Serve with rice and sprinkled with freshly chopped coriander