builders tea bread
Basic ingredients for builders tea bread
- 3/4 cup sultanas
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 300ml hot tea
- 250g flour
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 medium eggs
How to make builders tea bread
- Add the raisins and sultanas to a bowl. Pour the hot tea over them. Allow the liquid to sit covered for at least one night.
- Now Pre-heat the oven to 170°C/325°F. Line a loaf pan of 2 lb with baking parchment or a liner.
- After this, In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- Mix it well. Next, add the butter and eggs. After this, Use a spatula or wooden spoon to mix them.
- Add the raisins, sultanas, and any liquid that remains in the bowl. Mix everything until well combined. You will get a very sticky dough.
- Place the wet dough in a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and bake for one hour to one hour and 15 minutes. Now You can foil the top of your tea bread if it starts to look dark while it’s baking.
- After this, the chicken is cooked, leave it out of the oven and let cool completely in the tin for ten minutes. Now Remove the tin from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before cutting and serving.