mary berry blueberry scones
Basic ingredients for mary berry blueberry scones
- Scones: 4 cups all-purpose flour + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/3 stick cold buttermilk
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- melted butter
- Glaze: 1/2 cup sifted sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons whole milk
How to make mary berry blueberry scones
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mix the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Use a whisk to mix.
- After this, use a cheese grater to grate the butter and then fold it in with the dry ingredients.
- Now Mix buttermilk, and eggs in a separate bowl. Add it to the bowl along with the dry ingredients. Use a rubber spatula/spoon to mix it until it forms a dough.
- After this, Gently fold in the blueberries until they are fully incorporated into the dough.
- Then, place the dough on a floured surface and roll it out until it is 1 inch thick.
- The dough should be cut into 12 pieces. Place them in a circle about 1/4 to 1/2 inch apart on parchment paper-lined sheets.
- To harden the butter in your dough, chill the dough in the fridge for between 20 and 25 minutes.
- Now Spread the butter on the dough, then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar over it.
- Bake the bread at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until it turns light brown. Now Place on a rack to cool to room temperature.
- Glaze: Combine the milk and powdered sugar until well combined. Pour the glaze over the cooled scones, and then serve. You may have some glaze leftover.
- CHEF NOTES For homemade buttermilk, combine 1 cup of whole milk and 1 tablespoon of white distilled vinegar. Substitute lemon juice for the vinegar.
- GLAZE: To enhance the blueberry scones’ flavor, you can substitute milk with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- STORAGE AND FROZEN BLUEBERRY SCONES: Blueberry scones are best stored at room temperature for three days, or in the refrigerator for five days. Blueberry scones can also be frozen in plastic wrap for up to three months. You can simply thaw them in the refrigerator for a few days before you want to serve them. Enjoy this mary berry blueberry scones.