mary berry beef ragu
This ground beef ragu can be used in many different ways. It is simple to make and only requires a few ingredients. For authentic Italian cuisine, you can mix it with fresh tagliatelle pasta or make lasagne with bechamel sauce.
Basic ingredients for mary berry beef ragu
- 1 carrot
- 1 white onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 8.8 Oz 250g ground beef (mince), (250g)
- 8.8 Oz 250g ground meat (mince), (250g),
- 8.8 Oz 250g ground pork, (mince), (250g),
- 2 cups sieved tomato (passata), (470g),
- 1 cup (230ml), red wine (240ml),
- 4 cups beef stock (1 Liter),
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt and
- 1 pinch of salt
How to make mary berry beef ragu
- Chop the celery, carrots, and onion finely. Then heat the olive oil in a large skillet and gently sweat the vegetables.
- After the vegetables have softened, add the ground beef or pork and cook for a few minutes. Drain any excess fat from the pan. Reduce the wine by half. After the wine has been reduced by half, add the paste along with half the beef stock.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Let the sauce simmer for two and a half-hour on low heat. Keep adding more stock to keep it from burning.
- Tip: remember to Make sure to keep an eye on the ragu and stir it occasionally. If necessary, add more stock or water. Serve the pasta with the ragu. Toss cooked pasta in the ragu.