mary berry autumn beef pie
Basic ingredients for mary berry autumn beef pie
- Pre-made puff pastry 1 roll
- 800g beef
- 500g mushrooms (quartered),
- half a wine
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 tbsp butter
- 30g butter
- 2 teaspoons red currant jelly
- Salt and to taste
- 1 egg beat (to glaze the pastry).
How to make mary berry autumn beef pie
- In a large skillet heat the oil. After this, the beef is browned on all sides, fry it in batches. Cook the onions, butter, mushrooms, salt, and pepper in the same pan for 4 minutes.
- Next, add the mustard, redcurrant jelly, bay leaves, and beef back to the pan. Mix in. After this, Add the flour to the pan and mix the beef thoroughly. Add the wine. Combine well.
- After this, Cover the pan with a lid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 2 hours. Use a slotted spoon to transfer this beef to an oven-proof dish. Let the sauce simmer until thickened.
- Once the beef is cooled, place the puff pastry sheet over it. Brush the egg over the pastry. Bake at 200°C for 45 minutes.