aubergine nut roast recipe
Basic ingredients for aubergine nut roast recipe
- 1.5 cups mixed nuts
- 1 cup cooked chestnuts
- 2 red onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 red chili
- 1 100g chestnut mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (100ml), veg stock1 1/2 cups (100g), wholemeal breadcrumbs 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme 1/2 Tbsp
- A few gratings of nutmeg and chopped fresh sage.
How to make aubergine nut roast recipe
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Place the mixed nuts on an oven tray and roast for 5-10 mins. Now Allow the nuts to cool in the oven. Then chop roughly. Turn the oven to 200C. Grease a loaf pan with greaseproof paper.
- Now Place the chopped parsnips in a saucepan with salted water. Cook on medium heat until tender. Once the parsnips are cooked, let cool slightly, and then mash them.
- Chop the red onion finely and then place it in a pan with the olive oils and a pinch of salt. The onion should be fried until soft and translucent. Chop the chili and garlic finely and add them to the pan along with the onion. Cook until soft
- Peel and grate carrots and chop mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are softened in a saucepan. Mix in the veg stock, breadcrumbs, chopped herbs, and spices. Mix thoroughly
- Mix in the mashed parsnips and chopped toasted nuts. Salt and pepper to your liking.
- Now Cover the loaf pan with foil and place it in a lined baking dish. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Bake for another 30 minutes covered with foil.