mary berry asparagus and potato soup recipe
Basic ingredients for mary berry asparagus and potato soup recipe
- 1/2 onion chopped finely
- Two small potatoes, or 1 large potato, chopped
- salt, and taste
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked to a small extent,
- 1 1/2 cups stock (chicken, vegetable),
- 2 bunches of baby asparagus, or 3 cups worth
- 1 1/2 to 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg to plain yogurt (or sour milk) as a topping.
How to make mary berry asparagus and potato soup recipe
- To a large pot, add about 2 tablespoons of bacon fat. Sauté the potatoes and onions for approximately 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to your liking.
- Add the stock and asparagus. Let cook covered until vegetables are tender and cooked through. This can take up to 10-15 minutes.
- While the bacon is cooking, heat some oil to fry it until crispy. Break into bite-size pieces. Once the vegetables have been shredded, place them in a blender or food processor. Blend the liquid until you get a smooth paste. Return the puree to the pot. Add the milk, and nutmeg and stir. Turn the heat on low to warm through. Adjust seasoning as needed. Top with yogurt or sour cream, bacon bits, and freshly cracked pepper for presentation.