mary berry apple sponge pudding
Basic ingredients for mary berry apple sponge pudding
- 2 cups apple pie filling/apple chunks
- 250g Barkers Rhubarb Strawberry & Raspberry Fruit compote
- 125g butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup standard flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp Milk (We love Lewis Road Creamery)
- 2 tbsp sliced nuts
- Icing Sugar.
How to make mary berry apple sponge pudding
- Preheat the oven to 190C fan bake
- Now Place the apple slices in a bowl and drain them. The fruit compote should be poured over. Stir the mixture with a spoon. To keep warm, heat in the microwave.
- Mix the sugar, softened butter, and vanilla in a bowl. Now Use an electric beater to beat it until smooth.
- Now Mix the eggs one by one, beating well between each addition. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt into the mixture. Add the milk to finish.
- Place the warm fruit in an ovenproof dish. Spread the sponge mixture on top of the fruit. Cover with a towel. Sprinkle with almond slices.
- After this, Bake for between 30-40 minutes, or until the sponge springs when lightly touched and the topping is golden.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve immediately