mary berry apple pie recipe uk
Basic ingredients for mary berry apple pie recipe uk
- Filling:1kg Bramley apple
- 150g / 3/4 cup caster Sugar
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of flour
- Pastry:225g butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1/5 cup golden caster sugar plus two eggs
- 3 cups plain flour. Serve with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or both! A pie dish of 22 cm diameter is required.
How to make mary berry apple pie recipe uk
- You can also use a bowl to combine the butter and flour until you get breadcrumbs. Next, add the egg yolk and sugar to the bowl.
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon, and flour until the mixture is well combined. Turn the oven on.
- Turn on the oven at 190C / 390F. Now, you can begin to roll out the pastry. Lightly flour your work surface with flour and your rolling pin.
- Cut 1/3 of the pastry that is too large to fit in your pie dish. Next, mix the sugar, cinnamon, and flour.
- Make sure to leave enough pastry to cover the bottom and top of the pie. The apples should be poured into a pie dish.
- Next, roll the pastry out so it fits over the top. Brush some egg whites over the edges of your base. Place the pastry on top.
- You can decorate the top with leaf shapes made from leftover pastry. You can serve this pie with vanilla ice cream, or thick whipped cream.