apple and cinnamon scones
Basic ingredients for apple and cinnamon scones
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 tablespoon 1 large Granny Smith apple peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup demerara sugar.
How to make apple and cinnamon scones
- Preheat oven to 220degC/428degF/gas mark 7.
- Now In a saucepan, melt one tablespoon of butter
- Cook the apple chopped for 5 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon to the mixture and continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Leave it to cool.
- Add the flour and salt to a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix the butter and crumbs until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the buttermilk, sugar, and apple to the bowl.
- Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Now Place the mixture on a lightly floured surface. Knead the mixture until it forms a ball.
- After this, Place the cake on a baking tray and use a knife to cut it into 8 pieces.
- Sprinkle demerara sugar on top.
- Now Bake for twenty to twenty-five minutes, or until golden and risen.
- Let cool on a wire rack for fifteen minutes.
- Before serving, separate the wedges.
- This scone can be stored at room temperature for up 3 days or frozen for up three months.
- Mmm Scrummy!