apple and blackberry crumble tart
This pudding (or dessert) is so simple but so delicious that it graces many homes in Britain, including the Royal Table. The perfect end to a Sunday roast dinner in Britain. Blackberry and Apple Crumble With Custard.
Basic ingredients for apple and blackberry crumble tart
- 2 cups blackberries and 2 cups of apples, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar for the crumble
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 eggs yolks vanilla bean extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
How to make apple and blackberry crumble tart
- Mix the blackberries, apple, sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Pour into a casserole dish.
- To make fine crumbs, combine the butter, flour, and sugar in a large bowl. Spread the crumble evenly over the fruit.
- Bake the fruit at 350°F for 30-40 minutes, or until it is tender. Allow cooling. Make the crème anglaise.
- Now Bring the cream and milk to a boil in a heavy-based saucepan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and vanilla sugar.
- Now add the boiling milk to the egg mixture and mix until smooth.
- Place the mixture back in the saucepan and heat again. Mix until it resembles heavy cream.