mary berry apple and blackberry crumble tart
This pudding (or dessert) is so simple but so delicious that it graces many homes in Britain, including the Royal Table. The perfect end to a Sunday roast dinner in Britain. Blackberry and Apple Crumble With Custard.
Basic ingredients for mary berry apple and blackberry crumble tart
- 2 cups blackberries and 2 cups of apples, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar for the crumble
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 eggs yolks vanilla bean extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
How to make mary berry apple and blackberry crumble tart
- Mix the blackberries, apple, sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Pour into a casserole dish.
- To make fine crumbs, combine the butter, flour, and sugar in a large bowl. Spread the crumble evenly over the fruit.
- Bake the fruit at 350°F for 30-40 minutes, or until it is tender. Allow cooling. Make the crème anglaise.
- Now Bring the cream and milk to a boil in a heavy-based saucepan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and vanilla sugar.
- Now add the boiling milk to the egg mixture and mix until smooth.
- Place the mixture back in the saucepan and heat again. Mix until it resembles heavy cream.