apple and almond dessert cake
The almond flavor is achieved by adding almond flour to the batter. This apple almond cake is light and fluffy. Layer the cake with thinly sliced apples, brown sugar, and sliced almonds. This cake tastes great and is so easy to make.
Basic Ingredients for apple and almond dessert cake
- 1/4 cups (165g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup (30g), Almond Flour/Ground Almonds
- 1 Teaspoon (4g), Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon (2g), Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon (2g Salt)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (180g), Whole Milk Plain Yogurt. Room Temperature
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract – 1 Teaspoon (4g).
- 11/4 Teaspoon (1g), Pure Almond Extract (optional).
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 small or 1 large apple
- 1/2 Tablespoon (7g), Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g), Sliced Almonds
How do you make apple and almond dessert cake
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F (180C). Butter or oil an 8-inch (20 cm) springform cake pan. Now Place parchment paper on the bottom of your pan.
- After this, Mix flour, almond flour, and baking powder in a large bowl. Add salt.
- Mix the oil, eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract, and almond extract in a separate bowl. Add the sugar. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry. Stir until just combined. Place the butter in a large bowl. Smoothen the surface with a spatula or a flat spatula.
- Core, peel, and cut the apple into 1-inch slices. Place the apple slices over the batter, slightly overlapping. Sprinkle brown sugar over the batter, then sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
- Bake the cake in the oven for 50 to 55 minutes. To cool, remove from the oven and place on a wire rack.
- Now This cake can be served plain or with whipped cream, ice cream, or both.