American spiced carrot cake
How to make the best carrot cake! This recipe is so moist and delicious, you will want to save it!
Basic Ingredients for American spiced carrot cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (315g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
- 1 cup light brown sugar in a tightly sealed package (200g)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup vegetable oil or canola (235ml)
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick unsalted butter melted (113g)
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated carrots (340g)
- Optional 1 cup chopped walnuts and pecans (125g) Cream Cheese Frosting
How do you make American spiced carrot cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (125C). Prepare two 8-inch pans
- After this, Line the bottoms with parchment paper, and lightly grease and flour the sides.
- Mix flour, sugars, and baking powder in a large bowl. Add the cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- Stir in the canola oil, melted butter, and mix well. The batter will be quite stiff at this stage. I use either an electric mixer or a stand mixer to combine everything.
- Mix eggs one at a while, stirring after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add carrots and nuts, if desired, until all ingredients are combined.
- Divide the carrot cake batter evenly into prepared baking pans. Bake at 350F (175C), for 40 minutes.
- Now A toothpick inserted into the center of the carrot cake should come out clean and leave only a few moist crumbs.
- Let the carrot cake cool in the pans for 10 min, then use a knife to trim the edges and place it on a cooling rack. Let the cake cool completely before frosting with cream cheese.