all in one scone
Basic Ingredients for all in one scone
- Two cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- One Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- One Tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- Half cup cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- Half cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk plus additional for brushing
- One large egg
- One tsp vanilla extract
- One cup fresh or frozen Cranberries Glaze
- One cup icing sugar sifted
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
How do you make all in one scone
- Preheated the oven to 350 F. Line a baking tray using parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add the lemon zest.
- After this, Mix the butter with the lemon zest until it is crumbly and dry, but small bits of butter remain.
- Mix the cream, milk, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Mix the cream, milk, egg, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the flour mixture. Turn the dough onto a work surface and bring it together using your hands. To incorporate the cranberries, flatten the dough and fold it over a few times.
- Form the dough into a 10-inch-wide disc. The disc should be about 10-inches in diameter. Cut into eight wedges and place them on the baking tray. Bake the scones for 20-25 minutes, or until they are lightly browned. Cool completely before glazing.
- Mix the lemon juice and icing sugar. Pour the glaze over the scones with a whisk or a fork. Allow the glaze to set for at least an hour before you serve.
- Scones can be enjoyed fresh from the oven.