aga victoria sponge
Basic ingredients for aga victoria sponge
- 225g Butter
- 225g Castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising flour
- Topping: Add a little confection sugar
- 70g Cadburys Caramilk Chocolate
- A little writing icing Pipettes (with your choice of juice)
- 4 tbsp Strawberry or Raspberry jam
- 300g whip cream
How to make aga victoria sponge
- Use a palette knife to temper the chocolate and spread it onto a piece of baking paper. Once the chocolate is almost set, cut five circles of 6 cm each and place them in the refrigerator to cool. This is a good idea to have a few spares in case one break.
- Once set, decorate each piece with writing icing. Then, use a sharp point knife to gently twist each one until it has a small hole. Take care not to crack the chocolate.
- Preheat oven. Gas 5/ 190°C or 375°F
- Add 225g of butter. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Beat until soft, smooth, and pale in color
- Mix in the caster sugar until well combined.
- Each egg should be added one at a while. Each egg should be thoroughly mixed before you add the next.
- One teaspoon vanilla extract and one teaspoon baking powder should be added.
- Add the flour to the bowl.
- Two 8-inch round cake tins should be lined with baking paper. To make the surface flatter, fill each one with half of the batter.
- Now Bake for 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow cooling in the tins. Next, run a knife along the edges of each one. Turn upside down and take out the baking paper.
- Use a 7 cm round cutter to cut five circles from each one
- Sprinkle icing sugar on five circles. These will be your tops.
- Turn the five remaining ones over. Pipe the cream in rosettes along the edges of each one with the jam in its center.
- Place the cake tops on top of the cake bases gently.
- Place a chocolate circle on each cake. Place the pipettes in the juicer and gently push the chocolate hole into it.