aga toad in the hole
Basic ingredients for aga toad in the hole
- 1 cup plain flour
- 4 Coles Australian Free-Range Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 streaky bacon rashers
- 550grams pkt Coles Classic Pork Sausages
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml), beer or beef stock
- 10 Sage leaves Mushroom and caramelized onion gravy
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 8 Swiss brown mushrooms, thinly chopped
- 2 tbs flour
- 1/2 cup (175ml), beer or extra beef stocks
- 1/4 cup (70g) caramelized onions relish
How to make aga toad in the hole
- Blend the flour, eggs, and milk in a blender until smooth. Cover the bowl with a lid. Allow resting for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Wrap each sausage with 1 bacon rasher. Place each sausage in a 4-inch-deep, 25cm by 35cm baking pan. Use oil to drizzle. Now Bake for 20 minutes or until bacon is browned.
- To make the mushroom and caramelized onion gravy while the sausages cook, heat the oil in the saucepan on medium heat. Add the mushroom. Stirring occasionally, cook for 6-8 minutes or until the mushroom is golden.
- Stir in the flour. Now Cook for another 1-2 minutes or until it becomes grainy. Slowly add the beer or extra stock. Stir constantly until everything is well combined. After this, Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes or until gravy thickens.
- Stir in the relish. Cook for 2 minutes or until combined. Keep warm by covering.
- Stir the batter with beer or stock until it is well combined. Transfer the sausages onto a plate.
- Put the batter in the pan. Place the sausages and sage over the batter. Now Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Season. Serve the gravy with the meat. Serve with boiled potatoes and sage leaves.