This classic Italian creamy risotto recipe makes a great side dish or main course for any occasion.
Basic ingredients for aga risotto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, small diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves finely minced garlic cloves
- 4 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup Chardonnay
- 10 cups chicken broth
- heated 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make aga risotto
- Place the olive oil in a large saucepan or rondeau and heat on medium-low heat.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook for 8-10 mins or until they are lightly browned.
- Stir in the garlic, and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then add the rice to the pan and toast for 3-4 minutes, stirring once in a while.
- Stir in the wine, and continue to stir until the wine is completely absorbed into the rice.
- Stir in 4-8 ounces of warm chicken stock. Now Continue to stir the rice until it is absorbed.
- Mix in the cream, parmesan cheese, and salt. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add more parmesan cheese, pepper, and optional parsley garnish.
- NOTES – You can add cooked vegetables and proteins to your risotto after it has been cooked. You can alter the taste of the risotto by adding onions to it after they have been caramelized for about 20-25 minutes. The rice will turn translucent from being toasted and will be bright white. It takes approximately 5 cups of chicken stock for every 2 cups of arborio rice.