mary berry 12 inch sponge cake recipe
Basic ingredients for mary berry 12 inch sponge cake recipe
- 70g Whole Milk
- 60g Oil
- 5g/1 tsp Vanilla extract or paste
- 130g Cake flour
- 6 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 5g/1 tsp white vinegar
- 130g white granulated sugar
How to make mary berry 12 inch sponge cake recipe
- First of all, Mix the whole milk, oil, one tsp vanilla paste, and six eggs yolks in a large bowl. Add 130g of cake flour to the bowl. Season with a pinch of salt. Mix 1/3 of the dry mixture and mix with a whisk.
- Continue to stir until there are no streaks. Continue this process until you have no flour left. Do not overmix. Meringue
- Mix 6 egg whites with 5g/1 teaspoon of salt in a bowl for a stand mixer or if you use a hand mixer, omit the bowl. Mix on medium speed for 2 mins until it becomes foamy.
- After the mixer is still on, slowly add the 130g of granulated sugar. For 5-7 minutes, continue beating the mixer until you reach a medium peak in your meringue.
- Now Continue this process 2 more times, until you have no meringue left.
- Place the batter in the pan. Tap the pan and shake it to level the batter and remove air bubbles.
- After this, Bake the cake in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Your oven’s baking time may vary.
- As soon as possible, remove the cake from the oven.
- For better results, preheat your oven to 325°F/ 163°C. Keep ingredients at room temperature.