mary berry 10 inch chocolate cake
Basic ingredients for mary berry 10 inch chocolate cake
- For the batter: Sugar 2 cups
- Flour 1 3/4 cups
- Cocoa 3/4 cup
- Baking Soda 1 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- 2 eggs
- Milk 1 cup
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract 2 tsp
- Boiling Water 1 cup
- For the icing: Butter 1 cup
- Cocoa 1 1/2 cup
- Powdered Sugar 2 cups
- Milk 2/3 cup
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
How to make mary berry 10 inch chocolate cake
- Preheat oven to 360F / 180C Two 9-inch baking pans should be floured. Set aside. Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, and baking soda in a large bowl with a stand mixer.
- Add the eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and milk. Blend for 3 minutes. Add boiling water to the bowl. To stir, you can use a rubber spatula. The batter will be very thick.
- Divide the batter equally between two pans. After this, Bake on the middle rack for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and leaves only crumbs. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes before removing the pans. Let cool completely.
- Prepare a chocolate buttercream frosting in the meantime. You can beat the butter with a stand mixer until it becomes fluffy. Add in the cocoa powder, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Each cake should be cut horizontally.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons buttercream frosting evenly over each cake layer. Cover with buttercream frosting, and then continue the process with buttercream frosting. Use a spatula to spread buttercream frosting evenly all over the cake. Enjoy!