marmalade bread and butter pudding
This bread and butter pudding is seriously decadent. It’s made with croissants, topped with marmalade, and strewn with chocolate.
Basic ingredients for marmalade bread and butter pudding
- 400ml double cream
- 200ml milk
- 4 medium-free-range egg yolks
- 2-3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 50ml Grand Marnier (or other orange-flavored liquor)
- 8 croissants, cut in half 8 tbsp
- marmalade 100g dark chocolate, chopped
How to make marmalade bread and butter pudding
- Heat the cream and milk until they are almost boiling in a saucepan. Turn off the heat. Beat the egg yolks, sugar, and cream in a bowl. Stir the cream into the eggs. Set aside the Grand Marnier.
- Butter a 1.5-liter ovenproof casserole. Butter each croissant in half and then spread the marmalade on top. Finally, layer the dish with chocolate sprinkles. Let the custard sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180degC/fan160degC/gas
- Now Bake for 25-30 mins until the mixture is softened and becomes golden.