French Marjoram Cake-Pie Mu Dessert French Marjoram Cake is a high-end dessert that has been loved for almost a century. The main components of the dessert are four layers of nutty meringue, called dakwaze. Each layer is placed in the middle. Spread the Nutella buttercream over the chocolate ganache, and then finish framing it with ganache.
Basic ingredients for marjolaine cake
- 125g white almonds peeled
- 125g white hazelnuts
- 300gcaster sugar
- 25g cornmeal
- 6 large egg whites at room temperature
- Ganache: 360g dark cocoa solids (37% cocoa solids), 270ml double-cream nuts Sugar
- praline: 100g white almonds
- 300gcaster sugar
- 100ml water
- French butter: 225g of caster sugar
- 75ml Water
- A little cream of tartar (a pinch will be fine) 8 large eggs (room temperature),
- 350g diced unsalted Butter (room temperature),
- Assemble and decorate 150g sliced almonds
- 50g roast hazelnuts
- 50g hazelnuts pistachios
How to make marjolaine cake
- Oven 180 degrees Celsius / 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pre-prepared white hazelnuts and white almonds in a food processor and grind into powder.
- Spread the almond and hazelnut powder onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake the tray for 10 minutes, turning once halfway through. Mix cornflour with 100g of caster sugar after cooling.
- Preheating can be done by lowering the oven temperature to 150° Celsius/300° Fahrenheit/2 gas.
- Beat 6 eggs, leaving the whites behind. Mix in the remaining caster sugar and whip the mixture until it becomes light and fluffy. Add the flour to the whipped meringue frosting, and then mix well.
- Spread the nut meringue frosting on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper using a spatula.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until it is crispy. Then turn off the oven. Let it cool in the oven. Remove the parchment paper from the pan and let it cool. Continue heating the cream and stirring it in until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Once the syrup has cooled, you can decorate with it. Add the cold water to the pot. Stir in the caster sugar. Now Turn up the heat and continue cooking the syrup until it is golden.
- After stirring for about one minute, quickly pour in the white almonds. Then let the syrup cool on the baking sheet. Once the nuts are completely cooled, place them in a food processor and grind them into powder.
- To ensure that the nut sugar is completely dissolved, you can sift it (or skip this step if it is already fine). It can be used with French butter by placing it in a bowl.
- Put one egg yolk in a bowl. Add a pinch of cream tartar to the bowl and continue stirring until everything is well combined.
- Add 75ml cold water to the pot. Next, add the caster sugar. Cook until melted. Use a sugar thermometer for accurate measurement.
- It will reach Slowly pour the syrup at about 115 degrees Celsius into a mixing bowl. Continue stirring for 5-6 minutes, until it cools off. Slowly add each piece of diced unsalted butter to the bowl.
- Now Continue mixing on low speed for 5-6 minutes until it cools down. Mix the yellow cream with the nut sugar powder. Set aside for mounting.
- Preparation: Place the almond slices in a pot. Fry them until golden brown.
- Cut the hazelnuts in half. Stir fry them until they turn yellow.
- Place the flower tip in a piping bag. Take 1/3 of the prepared Ganache out and place it in the bag.
- Final assembly and pipetting: Cut each piece by hand. Divide the Nawaz into 4 equal pieces. Length and width should be 30cm x 10cm. Use a dakwaz to serve as the base. Layer the prepared nut buttercream on top. Apply the second Nawaz to the base. Place a third dakwaz on top. Spread a layer of nut buttercream on top. Pipe a ganache bag around the top.
- Measure 7 squares in the center and cover with ganache.
- Spread the fried almond flakes on the sides of your cake. Each grid should have pistachios placed separately.