manchester tart recipe
Basic ingredients for manchester tart recipe
- 575ml full-fat milk
- 1 sheet prepared-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 3 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 3 spoons of custard protein
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons of caster sugar, divided
How to make manchester tart recipe
- Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas 6.
- Line a round baking pan of 24 cm with pastry. Use a fork to poke the base.
- Now Place a sheet of baking parchment on top. Top with dried beans. After this, Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven Let cool the baking parchment and beans.
- Meanwhile, prepare the custard. Combine milk, custard powder, and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a saucepan. Stir until smooth. Heat gently until thickened. Allow to cool down slightly.
- Spread the jam on the pastry and top with half of the coconut. Add custard and sprinkle with coconut sugar. Allow chilling until ready for use