low cholesterol fruit cake recipe
This is a delicious, moist, and easy recipe for fruit cake. It is packed with all your favorite flavors. This recipe is not for dense, dry, crumbly fruit cakes. This recipe does not require any soaking and can be made the same day. This is truly the best fruit cake. You can find many versions of this Christmas cake recipe online. It is moist and flavourful, and the pineapple makes it light and fluffy. This cake can be prepared ahead of time and will keep well for a long time. This fruit cake is like most other fruit cakes, it gets better with each passing day. This one is sure to please.
Basic ingredients for low cholesterol fruit cake recipe
- 425g Crushed Pineapple,
- drained 500g Cake Fruit Mix (if not available in your country)
- 230g Butter, diced 1 Cup Sugar, 205g
- 1 cup Water 250 MLS
- 1 Tablespoon brandy (or 1 teaspoon Brandy Essence),
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 2 cups Plain White Flour, 265 grams
- 1 teaspoon Mixed Spice
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
How to make low cholesterol fruit cake recipe
- Place the pineapple, fruit mixture, butter, sugar, and brandy (or essence), in a large saucepan.
- After this, Bring to a boil over medium heat, making sure that the butter and sugar are dissolved.
- Set aside the mixture for at least 4 hours after it has been removed from the heat. Pre-heat the oven to 160C. Bake.
- Mix the cooled fruits with the flour, mixed spice, and baking powder. Now add the eggs to the bowl and mix well.
- Place the mixture in the prepared pan and bake for one and a quarter hours. Test your oven with a probe as soon as you can.
- The batter must be gone from the skewer and the center must spring back to the touch.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin before removing it from the oven. After the cake has cooled, transfer it to a wire rack. Slice and enjoy!