lamb neck fillet recipes
Basic ingredients for lamb neck fillet recipes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 lbs lamb neck, chopped into 2-inch pieces (22 pieces)
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- 1 750-milliliter red wine
- 5 thyme leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 6 small shallots, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 c pitted kalamata olives
How to make lamb neck fillet recipes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. After this, Heat the butter and oil in a Dutch 6-quart oven on medium heat. Season the neck of the lamb with salt and pepper. Turn the pieces of lamb neck as necessary to brown them evenly, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook the celery, carrots, and onion in a pot until they are golden. Stir frequently for 8-10 minutes. Turn down the heat and add some garlic.
- Cook the garlic until fragrant for 2 minutes. Next, add the tomato paste. Continue cooking until the tomatoes are caramelized for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and red wines to the pot. Now Bring to a boil, then add the seared lamb and plum tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and then cover the pan. Place in the oven. Cook for 2 1/2 hours. Then, remove the lid and stir the shallots. Cook for another 30 minutes.
- Transfer the lamb and shallots from the oven to a bowl. Strain the cooking liquid and discard the vegetable solids. Then, return the pot to the stove along with the cooked lamb, shallots, and cherry tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.