Basic ingredients for lamb boulangere
- 2kg leg de lamb
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced couple of rosemary sprigs
- 2kg large potatoes
- 2 onions Thinly sliced and fried
- 600ml chicken broth
- 50g butter
How to make lamb boulangere
- To heat oven, heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Piercing the flesh and skin of the lamb with a sharp knife, create small pockets.
- Place a piece of garlic and a handful of rosemary leaves in each pocket. Slice the potatoes thinly and rinse under cold water. Place the fried onions in a large ovenproof or roasting pan.
- Add the potatoes and sprinkle with herbs.
- Mix the butter and stock. Then add the potatoes and onions. Season the lamb with salt and freshly grated black pepper. Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Let the lamb rest for approximately 15 minutes before carving. Allow the potatoes to rest in the oven until they are ready to be served.