lamb and mutton
Basic ingredients for lamb and mutton
- Mutton/ Lamb 1 kg Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Hot water
- 1 cup Salt
- 1 tsp oil 4 Tbsp
- For the paste: Kashmiri dried Red Chilli (10 nos)
- 1 Cup Coriander Seeds (1 tbsp Cloves)
- 10 nos Cinnamon 2-inch Piece Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Garlic (15 cloves Ginger) 1-inch
- Vinegar 3 Tbsp
How to make lamb and mutton
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tbsp oil. Combine all ingredients for the paste except the vinegar. Cook it until fragrant.
- After they have cooled down, place them in a mixing jar. Mix in vinegar. Marinate the mutton in the paste for at most 2 hours. The best flavor is when it’s marinated for at least 2 hours.
- After this, Heat four tablespoons of oil in a saucepan. Add the chopped onions to the pan and cook until they start to brown.
- Mix the marinated mutton. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes. 2 teaspoons of salt and sugar are added.
- Bring to a boil. Keep the heat on medium-low for 45 minutes or until the mutton becomes tender. Stir frequently to ensure that the button isn’t sticking to the bottom.