A light almond sponge. The Joconde in French is also the Mona Lisa, is it related? I don’t know, but what I know, it’s delicious and the building stone of almost any dessert. This one is almond but it can come in different variations like chocolate, pistachio, walnut, hazelnut and so much more.Print
joconde sponge recipe
Makes 1/2 sheet pan
1 oz Cake Flour
3.3 oz Almond Flour
4 oz Eggs
1.7 oz Powdered Sugar
2.7 oz Egg Whites, Fresh 2 oz Sugar
7 oz Butter, melted
- Combine whole eggs and powdered sugar. Whip to ribbon stage and set aside.
- Combine whites and sugar and whip to medium peaks.
- Fold sifted dry ingredients into whole egg foam.
- Fold meringue into whole egg foam in 3 additions.
- Temper in melted butter.
- Spread evenly over a silpat lined 1/2 sheet pan.
- Bake at 400 F for 5-7 minutes