How do you make jamie oliver fish cake recipe
Basic ingredients for jamie oliver fish cake recipe
- Two Rawas fish fillets
- Salt to taste
- Two teaspoons oil + for shallow-frying
- One medium onion, finely chopped
- Two teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- Two medium potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 green chilies, finely chopped
- One tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1¼ cups dried breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tablespoons refined flour (maida)
- Tomato ketchup for serving
How to make jamie oliver fish cake recipe
- Heat some water in a non-stick pan. Add salt and bring to boil. Place fish filets and poach for four to five minutes. Drain on a plate.
- Heat two teaspoons of oils in a non-stick pan and add onion and saute. Add some, salt and saute till the onion turns translucent.
- After this, Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for one minute and Switch off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Now, Put the poached fish fillets in a bowl and flake using a fork. Grate potatoes, add one egg and sauteed onion mixture, green chilies, coriander leaves, and adjust salt and mix.
- Add ¼ cup breadcrumbs to the fish mixture and mix well.
- Now Grease your palms with a little oil and divide the fish mixture into equal portions and shape it into cakes.
- After this, Spread flour on a plate and add a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Beat an egg on a shallow plate and add a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Spread remaining breadcrumbs on another plate.
- Coat each fish cake with flour and dip in beaten egg, and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat some oil in another non-stick pan. Now, Place the fish cake and shallow-fry from both sides till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.