James Martin recipe for shepherds pie
It’s that time of year again when you need ye Old Shepherd’s Pie. This hearty dish is delicious and warm. This recipe will be a family favorite that everyone will want to make again and again.
Basic Ingredients for James Martin recipe for shepherds pie
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground lamb or ground beef: one and half
- Two tablespoons butter
- One medium-sized white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Two cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to your liking
- One cup frozen carrots and peas
- Half cup froze corn kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon Thyme To top
- Two cups cheddar cheese
How do you make James Martin recipe for shepherds pie
- First of all, Place potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water. Boil the potatoes for fifteen to twenty minutes until they are soft. After this, Cook ground lamb or ground beef in a large saucepan on medium heat for five minutes.
- Sauté onion until softened and translucent, approximately 5 to 7 min. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter. Let it melt completely before adding the flour. Mix well and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Bring to a boil the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and water. Add the frozen peas and carrots, as well as corn, to the saucepan. Stir frequently until the sauce thickens.
- Now, you can mash the potatoes. After this, Use a potato masher, or a hand mixer to mash the potatoes. Add the butter, cream cheese, and salt to the mashed potatoes. Stir until all is melted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch pan. Place the meat and vegetable mixture in the bottom of the baking pan. Layer mashed potatoes on top. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top. Bake covered in 350° oven for 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbly and warm.