recipe for apple tart
We are near Thanksgiving and it is time to prepare your dessert menu! This Apple Tart with Caramel Sauce recipe makes a great dessert to share with your family. After enjoying this delicious treat, everyone will be able to smile big and go home happy!
Basic Ingredients for recipe for apple tart
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp white syrup
- 4 small Spy apples, cored and peeled but not sliced.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white corn syrup
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp fleur de sel
How do you make recipe for apple tart
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Now Grease a six-inch cast-iron pan.
- Bring the water, sugar, lemon juice, or white corn syrup to a boil. Stir occasionally. Boil sugar for about five minutes, brushing the sides occasionally, until it turns a light amber color.
- Place caramelized sugar at the bottom of the prepared pan and then place the apples in it (they should fit snugly). Bake apples for 25-30 minutes until the bottom is golden brown and caramelized.
- Flip the apples so that the caramelized side is facing up. With a fork, cut a rectangle of puff pastry approximately half an inch in diameter. After this,Place the pastry on top of the apples and tuck the edges into the pan. Bake for approximately twenty five minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Let the tart cool for 20-30 minutes. Then, carefully transfer it onto a plate and serve.
Salted Caramel Sauce
- In a large saucepan, heat water, sugar, and corn syrup to bring caramel sauce to a boil. Boil the mixture without stirring and occasionally brush the pan with a brush that has been dipped into the water. Allow to cook for approximately ten minutes or until the sugar turns amber.
- Reduce heat to low and add cream. Be careful not to steam it. Finally, stir in 1 teaspoon fleur de sel. Let cool and chill before serving.
- To serve, heat the sauce and then garnish with 1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel.