This Bun Jam is made using maida, butter, sugar, and other ingredients. You can now make this BakeryButterBun with Cookd’s simple recipe and serve it warm.Print
This Bun Jam is made using maida, butter, sugar, and other ingredients.
Milk – 200 ml
Yeast – 1 tsp
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Butter (melted) – 3 tbsp
Maida – 300 gms
Butter – 100 gms
Sugar (powdered) – ½ Cup
Vanilla Essence – ½ tsp
Milk – 2 tbsp
Jam (Strawberry/ Mixed Fruit) – ½ Cup
In lukewarm milk, add the sugar and yeast and allow it to bloom for 10 mins.
- Melt butter and add it to cool.
- Add the milk to the maida and mix well until it comes together. Add the butter and bring together a rough dough.
- Cover and rest the dough for 10 mins.
- Pull and stretch the dough 15 times, fold up after each stretch. After this,Try to ensure the stretching is even throughout the dough. Now Knead until the surface of the dough is smooth.
- After this,Roll the dough into a ball and place in a bowl, in a warm place, covered for an hour.
- Divide the dough into roundels and place it on a baking tray.
8.Cover and rest for 20 mins.
- Brush with milk and bake for 30 mins at 180C until golden brown and fluffy.
- Allow the bread to cool down completely.
- For the buttercream, whisk soft butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla essence and milk and mix well until combined.
- After this,To assemble the bread butter jam, slice the bun in half and add the butter on one side and jam on the other side. Close the sides of the sandwich and cut it into 2 or 4 pieces if needed, it can also be whole.
While storing the buns, store them in plastic airtight containers or bags to prevent them from drying out.
- The buns must be completely cooled down before using for the best crumb.