gordon ramsay recipe for pear tarte tatin
Basic ingredients for gordon ramsay recipe for pear tarte tatin
- 4-5 pears, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup Cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsps butter
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted Icing Sugar for Dusting Shortcrust pastry
- 2 cups refined flour + for dusting 1 / cup butter, chilled
- 1/2 / cup sugar
- 1 egg
How to make gordon ramsay recipe for pear tarte tatin
- Preheat oven to 200oC
- In a nonstick saucepan, heat butter. Mix in the cream and brown sugar. Let it melt. Mix in the pear pieces, and let them cook until soft.
- Combine butter and refined flour in a bowl to make a short-crust pastry. Blend until the mixture is similar to breadcrumbs.
- Mix well with sugar.
- Separate the egg yolk from the white. Add the yolk to the flour mixture. Mix well. Mix 1/4 cup of chilled water into the flour mixture and knead until you have a smooth dough. The dough should be refrigerated for at least half an hour.
- Divide the shortcrust pastry into large pieces.
- Place a large greaseproof sheet on your worktop. Sprinkle with refined flour. Place a small amount of shortcrust pastry on the sheet and then place another sheet on top. Make a large disk. Make the remaining discs similarly.
- Put the cooked pears in a baking dish. Add walnuts to the top and then cover it with the shortcrust pastry disk. The edges should be pressed and the top should be pierced with a knife.
- Bake the baking dish for 25 minutes in the oven.
- Place the baking dish on a plate. Sprinkle with icing sugar, and serve immediately