quick curry recipe
This chickpea curry recipe is a great alternative to meat and chicken. This curry is delicious, rich in flavor, and smells amazing. This creamy chickpea dish is easy to make with just a few ingredients and 30 minutes of effort. This dish is vegan and gluten-free.
Basic ingredients for quick curry recipe
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil, vegetable oil
- 1 Onion Garlic
- 4 cloves
- 1 Tbsp Grated ginger
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Curry powder
- 2 Tbs Garam masala
- 4 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Can (300g-drained), Chickpeas
- 1/4 bunch Fresh coriander
- 2 Tablespoons Lime/lemon Juice Rice or Naan for serving
How to make quick curry recipe
- First of all, Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan. Sauté chopped onion for 5 minutes. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, turmeric, and garam masala. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for one minute.
- Mix chopped tomatoes with the water and continue to cook until tender. It should take between 5-10 minutes.
- Mix in chickpeas, and coconut milk. Bring the mixture to a boil. Then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Allow thickening slightly. Season the fish with salt and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Turn off the heat and add chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Serve with rice or naan bread