Gordon Ramsay chocolate mousse crunchie recipe
This classic chocolate mousse recipe is perfect for meringue or macarons. It’s light and delicious and has a coffee-flavored flavor.
Basic Ingredients for Gordon Ramsay chocolate mousse crunchie recipe
- 6oz Dark or Milk chocolate,
- 6 Tbsp (86g) Unsalted butter,
- 1 tsp instant coffee or 2 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional),
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (45-50g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (1 liter) heavy cream. Serve with whipped cream, chocolate chips, or berries.
How do you make Gordon Ramsay chocolate mousse crunchie recipe
- Combine 6 ounces dark chocolate or milk chocolate with 6 tablespoons unsalted butter and 1 teaspoon instant coffee in a small heatproof bowl.
- Now In a saucepan, heat the water to boiling. Stir until butter and chocolate are melted. After this, Turn off the heat and leave the saucepan of boiling water on the stove.
- Mix 3 egg yolks with 1/4 cup granulated sugar in a medium heatproof bowl until smooth. Then, heat the saucepan with barely boiling water. Whisk the mixture for five minutes until it becomes pale and stiff. Turn off the heat.
- Now Mix the chocolate mixture with the egg yolk mixture and stir to combine. The mixture will thicken. Allow it to cool down to room temperature.
- Pour 1 cup of cold heavy cream in a large, chilled bowl. Beat on high speed for 1.5-2 mins or until you get medium peaks.
- Incorporate the whipped cream in the chocolate mixture. Use a silicone spatula to gently add the rest of the whipped cream until it is smooth.
- Divide the mousse into four (6oz.) ramekins and cover with foil. Now let cool in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- If desired, garnish with whipped cream, chocolate chips, or berries. Enjoy!