fruit loaf cake recipe
Basic Ingredients for fruit loaf cake recipe
- Fruit soak one cup diced candied orange Peel One cup raisins
- one cup dried cranberries
- Onecup chopped pitted prunes
- one cup chopped candied pineapple
- half cup dried currants
- half cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped candied ginger (crystallized)
- One cup sweet sherry, brandy
- half cup orange juice
- one Tbsp finely grated orange zest
- one Tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- one Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger Cake
- one cup (225g) unsalted butter at room temperature
- one cup of dark brown sugar packed in a small jar Three large eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- two cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 g tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 cup , sweet sherry, or brandy
- one cup chopped pecans.
- 1 1/2 cups of whole pecans are available for garnish (optional).
How do you make fruit loaf cake recipe
- To make the fruit soak, combine the candied orange peel, all dried and candied fruits with the sherry, brandy, orange juice, orange zest, and lemon zest.This mixture should be kept covered and chilled for at least one night, up to three days. Stir occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 300 F (150 C).
- Mix the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. After this, Beat in the eggs one by one, beating well between each addition. Mix in the ground almonds. After this,In a separate bowl Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add this to the batter. Add 1/4 cup of brandy or sherry to the batter. Mix the chopped pecans and the batter. Stir well to coat the fruits. Spread the batter into the pans. Pecans can be arranged on top of the cakes as a ring if you prefer. Bake the cakes for two hours and fifteen minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Brush the fruitcakes’ tops while still warm from the oven with the remaining 1/2 cup sherry/brandy. As the cakes cool down, brush the tops of the fruitcakes a second time. Wrap the cakes well. Fruitcakes can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 8 weeks, or frozen for up 6 months.