five spice mango chicken
Basic ingredients for five spice mango chicken
- TO FRY CHICKEN: 1 kg chicken, boneless, cubed
- 1 tsp chili powder salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp tapioca or 2 tsp cornflour and 2 tbsp all-purpose flour (or just simply use 2 tbsp cornflour if you prefer )
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- FOR MANGO PASTE:1 mango, ripe
- 2 green chilies
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- Gravy: 1/2 cup honey,
- 3-5 red dry chilies
- 1/2 green capsicum, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 TSP chili sauce
- For garnish: 1 spring onion
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seed
How to make five spice mango chicken
- First of all, Mix all wet and dry ingredients in a large bowl to make chicken. To deep fry the chicken, heat oil in a large skillet. When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet and drain any oil.
- After this, Mix the above ingredients and make a mango paste. Heat honey in a large saucepan and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the mango paste and honey. Now Continue to stir for about 3-5 minutes, or until the mixture becomes thicker and darker.
- Mix in the chili powder and salt. Continue to mix for another 30 seconds.
- Mix in the dry red chilies, and capsicum and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Mix the mango mixture with the fried chicken. Cook for 3 minutes at low heat.
- After this, Cook for 3 minutes or until the chicken is coated in the sauce. Serve with spring onions and white sesame seed.