Basic ingredients for fish curry
- Make Paste from: – Onion, quartered and medium-sized – 2 nos
- Tomatoes, quartered and medium-sized, 3 nos
- Green Chilli 1 big or 2 smaller depending on your preference
- To Marinate Fish: Salt 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-3/4th of a tsp
- Red Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp
- Coconut milk 1 cup
- Coriander leaves, chopped 2 tbsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- oil 3 Tbsp
- Oil for pan-frying fish pieces
How to make fish curry
- Marinate the fish with red chili powder, salt, and turmeric powder. Now Mix all ingredients and let rest for 30 minutes. Make a paste from the tomatoes, quartered onions, and one or two green chilies.
- Make coconut milk from scratch or buy store-bought coconut milk. Pan-fry the pieces of fish in two batches. Remove & set aside. Chop the coriander leaves.
- Process: Heat oil in a saucepan and add the onion-tomato–chili paste. – Fry for about 7-8 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste. Mix the ingredients and continue to fry on medium heat for 15 minutes, or until the paste becomes slightly grainy.
- The masala should not burn or turn brown.
- Mix the red Chilli powders, Coriander powder, Cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Keep the heat on low for 2 minutes. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes by adding coconut milk and a cup of water.
- Add the fried fish pieces and stir. Cook covered for about 10 minutes. After 2 minutes, add the garam masala powder and simmer. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.