dijon mustard steak marinade recipe
Basic ingredients for dijon mustard steak marinade recipe
- Rosemary Dijon Steak with Pan Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Rosemary Dijon rub Ribeye or Sirloin (Tip: 1-11/2 inches thick, look out for good marbling),
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 4-6 rosemary sprigs,
- 4-6 garlic cloves,
- 6-8 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard (recommendation Grey Poupon Country style)
- 1/2 cup broth (can substitute plant-based milk)
- 1/2 cup milk (can substitutes)
- 3 tablespoons Spiceology S’mores Mix
- 2 bars of your choice of chocolate bars) Original recipe with 1/2 milk chocolate and 1/2 dark chocolate
- 1 16 oz can of Coconut cream,
- chilled 2 eggs whites (can substitute with aquafaba)
- Salt, to taste
- Optional: Chocolate shavings and graham cracker for topping
- Attachment; ceramic bowls or ramekins If you are making the whole meal as one, first put the sweet potatoes in the oven. Next, add the chocolate mousse, acorn pumpkin gratin, puree, and finally, steak and pan sauce.
How to make dijon mustard steak marinade recipe
- Rosemary Dijon Steak Start by generously coating your steak in flakey salt, then bring your steak to room temp. You should not oil the pan. Halfway through the cooking process (4-6-8 minutes depending upon your preferred doneness), you will flip the steak.
- Next, add 4 tbsp butter, 4 whole garlic cloves, and 4 rosemary sprigs to the pan. After the butter has melted, you can then baste your steak and flip it a couple more times.
- After that, you can remove the steak from the pan and let it rest. Do not drain any garlic cloves or herb stems that have been burned. Make a quick sauce from the pan drippings.
- Add your broth or white wine to make your pan more glazed. Add your mustard, onion, and rosemary sprigs to enhance the flavor. Once everything is well combined, take out the rosemary stem and stir in the butter. Rosemary Dijon blend and a pinch of salt and pepper will finish the sauce. Cover the steak with the sauce.