dense chocolate cake recipe for wedding
Every baker should have a favorite chocolate cake recipe to decorate. Today I share mine from The Stay At Home Chef! This cake recipe is great for creating many different frostings and fillings. This recipe can be used to make tiered cakes. I’ve tested this numerous times! You can also make stacked layer cakes. The recipe is easy to make. I’ll walk you through each step and offer tips. This recipe is 100% proof. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Basic ingredients for dense chocolate cake recipe for wedding
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 11/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 TSP Vanilla extract
How to make dense chocolate cake recipe for wedding
- Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare three 9-inch cake pans
- Mix flour, sugar, and cocoa in a large bowl. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and baking powder.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, warm water, and oil. Blend until smooth, approximately 2-3 minutes. The batter will be thin. Divide the batter into three individual pans. Now Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick/knife is inserted and comes out clean.
- Cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then turn over onto a rack to cool completely. Before assembling the cake, cool it completely.
- After this, Cake Layers may be wrapped in foil and wrapped in saran wrap for up to one month. Once ready to use, wrap and place on the counter for 2 hours.