damson jam recipe
Damsons are rich in pectin, making them a delicious fruit. They are great for making jelly and jams. Damson jam is my new favorite. It is a delicious breakfast jam with a sharp edge. I made eight different sizes of jam. However, I did measure the volume which was about 2.1 liters.
You can freeze damsons for a long time (I Have suspended them for provided 1 year). They truly are such an alcoholic beverage and that I see so much of the fresh fruit get wasted.
I’ve made many clocks before but this recipe by no means fails. You want to adjust the sugar and water you add to the shake according to how correct your fruit is.
damson jam recipe basic Ingredients:-
- 900g (American 1 pound ) damsons
- 4 tbsp- 300ml/ / 1/2 pint (American 5 tablespoon to inch 1/4 cups)
- Water observes: make use of the exact SMALLER sum of drinking water in case your fruit is very ripe and the more expensive total of drinking water if your fruit is extremely company (slightly under-ripe).
- 450g-550g sugar- you should use caster, granulated, or glucose-free with additional pectin. Be aware: make use of the SMALLER level using ripe fruit and also the more expensive level with under-ripe good fresh fruit.
How to make damson jam recipe
- once you’ve selected your damsons it is important to clear away the stalks. After this, you need to clean and clean them.
- Put the fruit and water into a preserving pan or some exact large saucepan.
- Simmer until the fruit is tender then remove as many (is dependent upon your persistence ) stones as you can having a spoonful of any tongs.
- Preheat your oven to 110C or some exact minimal heat and put the glass jars in with off the shovel.
- Insert the sugar and stir on low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Subsequently, boil rapidly before the setting stage was reached, stirring every now and to make sure it is not burning the floor.
- When it’s already reached putting the stage pour/ spoon into a large measuring jug and then pour into the prepared jam jars.
- Put a wax disk also (wax side down) and then place a circle of cellophane tying an elastic ring up to seal. Tightly screw the lid. Enjoy this damson jam recipe.
NOTE: you don’t need to use a wax disc and also a cellophane circle I just like to be extra protective of my preserves and want to protect against any spores getting in which may cause mold. NEVER had a moldy jar yet!
10) Wipe down the jars (if you spilled some ) and tag formerly chilled.