cornish fairings recipe
Basic ingredients for cornish fairings recipe
- 50g butter
- 50g brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 87.5g flour
- 1/2 cup bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1/4 cup ground ginger
How to make cornish fairings recipe
- Wash your hands, then turn on the oven to 180°C. Next, prepare all the equipment: bowls, baking trays, greaseproof papers, and aprons. Finally, give out the recipes.
- Next, weigh out the butter, brown sugar, and honey in a small bowl. Next, melt the butter and sugar in the microwave.
- Next, weigh out the flour and bicarb soda.
- Mix the butter mixture with the flour mixture until you have a dough. Prepare your baking sheet and line it with greaseproof paper. Next, roll small balls of dough about the size of a walnut into balls. Then use your hands to flatten the balls slightly using your fingers to form discs ready for baking.
- Once the biscuits are ready, transfer them to the kitchen and place them in the oven. Bake the biscuits for about 15-20 minutes, or until they are lightly browned. After they are baked, transfer them to a cooling rack.