cooking apple chutney recipe
Basic ingredients for cooking apple chutney recipe
- 250g chopped onions,
- 1kg chopped cooking apples,
- 125g raisins, sultanas, or chopped dates,
- 1tbsp ground cumin,
- 1tbsp chili powder,
- 1tbsp mixed spices,
- 1tbsp salt,
- 350g of granulated sugar and 700ml malt vinegar
How to make cooking apple chutney recipe
- Mix all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir often until sugar is dissolved. After this, the mixture simmers were covered for approximately 11/2 to two hours. Now stir occasionally to prevent the chutney from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Start checking the chutney’s readiness by running a channel through it. The chutney may not be ready if the channel is filled immediately with liquid. Cook the chutney for another 15 minutes, then check it again. If the channel doesn’t fill immediately or the mixture becomes very thick, the chutney has been cooked.
- Let the pan cool down on the stove and let it stand for a few minutes. The chutney should be poured into sterilized jars. Let the chutney cool completely before labeling it and storing it. It can be stored for at least two months before you eat it. After opening the chutney, place it in a container and refrigerate for at least 4 weeks before eating.