coffee swiss roll recipe mary berry
This mocha roll cake recipe is perfect for those who love coffee-flavored desserts. The mocha flavor is evident in the soft roll cake, which is complemented by the creaminess and sweetness of the coffee whip cream.
Basic ingredients for coffee swiss roll recipe mary berry
- 5 egg yolks
- 10g Sugar (2 1/2 Tsp),
- 1g Salt ( 1/4 tsp),
- 5g instant Coffee (2 1/2 Tsp),
- 15ml Milk (1 tbsp),
- 45g Oil (3 1/4 tbsp),
- 60ml Coffee (5g (2 1/2 Tsp),
- instant coffee dissolved into 60ml (1/4 cup) Water)
- 100g Cake flour ( 3/4 cup + 1/2 tbsp),
- 5 egg whites
- 70g Sugar ( 1/3 cup)
- 150ml whipping cream
How to make coffee swiss roll recipe mary berry
- Preheat the ven to 340°F (170°C). Now Line a jelly roll pan 10″ x 15″.
- Separate 5 eggs into whites and yolks. Save the whites for later.
- Add 10g sugar to yolks and stir until well combined.
- Mix instant coffee into the yolk mixture and then add it to the bowl.
- Add milk, oil, and coffee to the egg yolk mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Add the cake flour to the egg yolk mixture and mix until all is well.
- Make meringue. Beat the egg whites in step 2 until they are stiff and fluffy. Add 70g sugar in three additions, beating between each one. beat until stiff peaks.
- Fold meringue into batter in three parts.
- Now Pour the batter into a pan and bake for 20 mins. Let the cake cool down a bit, then cover it with parchment paper. Allow cooling completely before you roll it out on a cutting board.
- This will prevent cracking later. Mix the coffee whipped cream by combining the whipping cream, instant coffee, and sugar mixture in a bowl until it forms stiff peaks.
- Spread the whipped cream filling on the cooled cake. Place the cooled cake on parchment paper and let it cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Cut the roll into the desired thickness. Enjoy!