classic lemon syllabub
Syllabub, an English whipped cream dessert, is ketogenic. Originally it was more like a frothy beverage but I have adapted it to become a creamy mousse. This recipe is a light, creamy pudding that has a mild bitter/alcoholic flavor. It tastes almost like lemon sorbet (but not in the texture!)
Basic ingredients for classic lemon syllabub
- 105g (3.75 oz). Mascarpone cheese
- 35ml (1.01 fl oz) Heavy/Double cream
- 4 tbsp sweetener (I used Erythritol)
- 25ml (0.08 fl oz.) Dry White Wine (Sauvignon Blanc (Piper Grigio),
- Pinot Gris (Piper Blanc, Pinot Blanc, Semillon)
- 1.5 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
How to make classic lemon syllabub
- Add the cream, mascarpone, and sweetener to a medium bowl. Use an electric whisk to combine the ingredients until they are smooth and creamy.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- You can serve the mixture in 2 glasses or small bowls. Garnish with some lemon zest and a little sweetener. Now, These can be stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat them.
- However, they will separate slightly over time so a mixture is necessary.