chocolate guinness cake mary berry
Basic ingredients for chocolate guinness cake mary berry
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Guinness Extra Stout
- 10 tablespoons (5-ounces) of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (3 cups) unsweetened chocolate, preferably Valrhona
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces). sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, preferably King Arthur Flour Organic ALL-Purpose 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder (for the topping)
- 1-1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 8-ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy whip
How to make chocolate guinness cake mary berry
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Heat butter and Guinness in a 4-quart saucepan until butter is melted. Blend the mixture by adding sugar and cocoa. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Mix the vanilla, eggs, and sour cream. Mix in the Guinness/butter mixture. Add the flour and baking soda. Mix the ingredients until well combined. Bake for 50-60 minutes in a parchment-lined 9-inch springform skillet.
- Bake for 40 minutes if you have two 7-inch springform pans.
- Tip: It’s better not to overbake this cake. Use a hand mixer to combine the confectioner’s sugar and cream cheese. Blend until smooth. Mix in heavy cream until smooth. After the cake has cooled completely, top it with the frosting.