chocolate chip scones
These chocolate chip scones are buttery and light with a tender crumb. Every bite is loaded with chocolate chips, but not too sweet.
Basic ingredients for chocolate chip scones
- Two cups all-purpose flour plus additional for dusting the work surface
- Three Tablespoons of granulated sugar plus more to sprinkle on top
- One Tablespoon baking Powder
- Half teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold heavy cream
- One large egg
- One teaspoon pure vanilla extract, optional
- One Cup semisweet chocolate chips
How to make chocolate chip scones
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Now Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- To shred butter into small pieces, use a box grater. You can also cut 1/4-inch slices of butter. Mix butter and flour together. Now Use a pastry cutter to cut butter into the mixture.
- Mix the heavy cream, egg, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Mix the heavy cream into the flour mixture.
- Mix ingredients until they form a crumbly dough using a silicone spatula or a wooden spoon. Just stir in the chocolate chips until combined.
- Form the dough with your hands. Add another Tablespoon of cream if the dough becomes too dry or doesn’t stick together. Add another Tablespoon flour if the dough is too moist.
- Place the dough ball on a floured surface. Press into an 8-inch circle. Cut 8 triangles using a sharp knife or bench scraper.
- Place the scones on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the scones lightly with cream.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Now Bake for 20-22 mins or until the edges are golden brown. Allow the scones to cool on the pan for 10 minutes before you serve them.