chocolate bread and butter pudding
Basic ingredients for chocolate bread and butter pudding
- 150gms dark chocolate
- 8 slices of brown bread
- 3 cups milk
- 2 Tbsps butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 2 Tbsps raisins
- 2 tbsp vanilla essence
- 4 tbsps Blueberry jam
- Icing Sugar for Dusting
How to make chocolate bread and butter pudding
- Pre-heat the oven to 180o C. Uses a cookie cutter to cut 8 circles from each slice of brown bread.
- Now Toast bread discs in a baking tray until lightly browned.
- After this, Chop the chocolate into small pieces and melt it in a nonstick pan.
- Stir in milk and butter. Cook until the mixture thickens. Let cool for 2 minutes.
- Mix eggs in a bowl. Add sugar to the bowl.
- Butter 4 ramekin moulds, then place 1 toasted bread disk in each mold. Sprinkle some raisins on top.
- Mix well the egg mixture with vanilla essence. Mix in the chocolate mixture slowly and thoroughly.
- Place 1 tbsp blueberry jam into each mold, cover with the remaining toasted discs, and drizzle some chocolate mixture on top.
- Slice the remaining bread into small pieces and place them in ramekin moulds. Sprinkle a few raisins on top and then pour the remaining chocolate mixture.
- Place the moulds on a baking tray. Fill it with enough water. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Now Allow the moulds to cool in the water bath for 15 minutes. Allow cooling to room temperature. Dust the icing sugar and serve immediately.