This is a great recipe for a quick and easy meal that you can rely on when time is tight. Simply put together a mixture of ingredients that you love and then just tear, mix, marinate, and bake.
Basic ingredients for chicken traybake
- 4 large, ripe tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 Yellow capsicum
- 6 skinless boneless free-range chicken legs
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 bunch of fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oils
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
How to make chicken traybake
- Heat oven to 180oC. Now Place the tomatoes in a baking tray or large roasting pan measuring approximately 25cm x 30-cm. Cut the onions into large pieces and then chop the capsicums.
- All this should be added to the tray with the chicken thighs. Use a knife to smash the garlic cloves. Add them to the tray. Finally, pick up the thyme leaves. Sprinkle over the paprika. Combine the oil, balsamic, salt, and pepper.
- Mix everything well and spread it on a tray. Make sure that the vegetables are not covering the chicken. After this, Bake for about an hour or until the chicken is cooked through. The traybake can be served with a beautiful green salad. To help absorb the juices, you could add some rice, polenta, or loaf crusty bread.
Tips – Roasting garlic cloves whole in the skin makes them very sweet. Don’t throw away that delicious soft flesh!